In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have an amazing guest, Sam Silverman who shares his knowledge about tax incentives, preferential tax treatment, income side and capital gains, and different high-level tax strategies! Sam Silverman is an...
In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have an amazing guest, Sam Silverman who shares his knowledge about tax incentives, preferential tax treatment, income side and capital gains, and different high-level tax strategies!
Sam Silverman is an entrepreneur who has extensive real estate development, management, financing, and brokerage experience, a Director of Scholarships & Trustee at Kantner Foundation, CEO of Children's Books on Tape, Inc. and Managing Director at Ivy League Prep., Co-founder of EB5 Affiliate Network, a national leader in the EB-5 visa investment field, dedicated to serving both EB-5 project developers and EB-5 investors. With 14 EB-5 regional centers operating in more than 20 states and Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico, provide turnkey EB-5 services to help structure your own EB-5 project under an existing regional center, or find the ideal EB-5 visa project for personal immigration and EB-5 immigrant investment needs. Sam is also a Forbes Magazine 30 Under 30 National Winner for Social Entrepreneurship.
Ever since Sam wanted to be an entrepreneur and not to work for anybody else. Now, part of his goal is to bring like-minded people into the community to make a more positive experience and help them avoid the brain damage of trying to navigate things themselves!
Some Questions I Ask:
- Where did all your entrepreneurial journeys begin? (00:58)
- What drove you to study Chinese in the economic side of things? Why Chinese? (04:30)
- When you went to work for someone else knowing that you wanted to be an entrepreneur, what was it that kind of drove you to plug into the matrix instead of going out right away on your own? (06:17)
- Did you feel like you had to do that because it was worthwhile or could you have gone directly to where you wanted to be looking back from your own experience? (07:35)
- What are some of the common FAQs that you get that someone who’s making a decent amount of money might actually applicable to? (10:56)
- Is there a certain number threshold of income that you really think starts to make sense for people to really explore outside of lifestyle and economics? (12:42)
- What are some of the things that you’ve heard that maybe people should take into account and consider before taking the leap? (15:24)
- What are some of your favorite parts about living in Puerto Rico? (17:07)
- Why do you think over the last year, year and a half or so, so many people have started exploring this tax-friendly type of environment? What is your feeling on the trend and trajectory that the US is on in terms of that conversation? (18:38)
- Do you see or foresee any potential changes coming on Puerto Rico’s side that could change the appetite or the climate around being one of those tax-friendly havens? (20:59)
- For those who want to explore this a little bit more, are there any free resources or places that they can lean in and learn a little bit more on their own? (22:18)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The reasons why choose Puerto Rico (11:07)
- The downsides of being in Puerto Rico versus in Miami (15:43)
- “A lot of times you gotta go to the frontier, that’s where fortunes are made.”
- “To get an outsize result, you have to take an outsize risk.”
- “If you’re not gonna take a risk, then there’s not as much of a potential return.”
- What was the defining moment for you when you decided to go out and do your own thing? (09:15)
Connect with Sam Silverman on:
EB5 Affiliate Network