- What I’m Reading
- How to get Rich by Felix Dennis is probably one of the best books I have ever read on how to get rich, from one of the richest self-made men in Britain. Not only does it provide great tactical advice and strategy, but Dennis is also a surprisingly great storyteller that does an awesome job keeping you engaged along the way (which is not common for non-fiction books). Highly recommend it so far and you can check more out here
- Wisdom of the Week
- Don’t try and time the market. Too many people are hitting the pause button and waiting for things to “play out”. Don’t get me wrong, now is definitely a season to be more cautious, underwrite deals tighter, scrutinize teams and operators a bit harder, and protect any downsides that could come when waters get choppy as they are expected to do so. But don’t forget, these are the seasons that real wealth is made and the only way that happens is by remaining in the game. Whether stocks, real estate, life insurance, your business, your network, your health, the list goes on…when things get turbulent, this is when you lean in, sharpen your skills, and look for the moments of opportunity that are presented during these seasons.
- Question of the Week
- Question: “How can I buy real estate in this next correction if I don’t have a ton of cash laying around at the moment? I don’t want to miss this buying opportunity and my chance to build wealth”? - Justin - Jacksonville, FL
- Answer: When I got into Real Estate back in 2010, we were just beginning to come out of the financial crisis of 2008. I was 21 years old, had $800 to my name, and a few thousand in credit card debt. I was broke, inexperienced, and undercapitalized. The best piece of early advice I received when is asked my mentor this same question was this…” It's not about what resources you have personally, but your resourcefulness and persistence towards achieving the outcome you desire”. With that mindset, I was able to purchase my first 2 rentals using 100% of other people's money (that I refinanced/BRRRR’d) and I flipped 8 houses that year which kicked off my investment journey. For those of you worried about having the capital to close a deal, don’t! Focus on finding great opportunities and the money will follow. Whether that’s getting other people to fund your deal or partner with you, there are many ways you can creatively structure any deal as long as you actually have a real opportunity where everyone can win together. Start with that priority in mind, and the rest will be much easier to work through. Resourcefulness > Resources! !
- Pic of the Week
- This was a great picture from our first Wealth x Wine x Dine event that I hosted in Napa with 10 amazing business owners, investors, and wealth builders from our Millionaire Mindcast community. The private tastings were unbelievable, the farm-to-fork dinner by Chef Wayne was world-class, and the conversation and new relationships formed were nothing short of priceless. You literally couldn’t have paid any of your guide or hospitality company to get access or the experience we were able to facilitate and I’m so thankful for everyone that made it possible. This is the first of many, so If you want to attend a future event where we roll out the red carpet, text “EVENTS” to 844.447.1555 to get on the list.
- Something I'm Excited About:
- I am ecstatic to be partnering with my buddy Kevin Wood and Stagecoach Management on our 2nd multi-family investment offering in Houston, TX. This 206-unit apartment spans across two buildings and is located in Bellaire, an extremely desirable area in Houston which is home to one of the richest zip codes in the United States. If you’re looking to partner with us on this deal and generate some strong investment returns, in one of the safest and highest yielding asset classes out there, then this deal could be a great fit. Check out the webinar replay here for a full investment summary and deal breakdown. If you’re looking for passive investing opportunities, text the word “DEALS” to 844.447.1555 to get on my investor list
Onward and upward,